Opera on the River Volunteer Opportunities
(by committee…we are looking for a minimum of 5 in each numbered group):
Ongoing & Pre-Event Day:
Head Volunteer Coordinator – Take leadership position in coordinating all volunteer committee’s leaders listed below. (Filled)
Volunteer Social Media Coordinator – Take leadership position in coordinating all social media marketing campaign working directly with Operatunity Theatre’s General Manager/Director & Rouse Legacy guidance.
1. Administrative Volunteers – Assist with administrative tasks including mailings, data entry, marketing, PR blanketing, etc. (Seasonal; typically daytime.)
2. Community Events Volunteers – Represent Operatunity Theatre by interacting with guests and distributing information at community events including, for example: various local St. Croix Valley and Twin Cities festivals, other regional outdoor concerts, the Minnesota State Fair, etc. (Seasonal; indoor and outdoor.)
3. VIP Event Volunteers – Participate in our future annual gala and house concert fundraisers, assist guests with registration at regular and VIP events, silent and live auctions, etc.
Morning of Event Day:
4. Set up Volunteers – Assist coordinators in event preparation. Duties vary from putting up the small tents over the program tables to assisting event vendors (if needed) to preparing Operatunity Theatre event merchandise. *May require heavy lifting
Times: Saturday, 6am-3pm
5. Stage Volunteers – Stage Crew volunteers work hard, loading cases, lifting equipment, and moving as a team. Music or theater crew experience a plus. Energy a must. Shifts include early Saturday load-in and late Saturday load-out. *May require heavy lifting
Time: Saturday, 6am-12am/Completion
Day of Event:
6. Volunteer Check-in – Greet volunteers at the entrances to Lowell Park as they arrive, hand out information packets and t-shirts and answer any questions.
Time: Saturday 10-3pm
7. Security Volunteers – Security volunteers help keep the Festival secure by controlling limited-access areas and enforcing Festival rules throughout the grounds. Multiple shifts available.
Time: Saturday, 6am-12am/Completion
8. Hospitality Volunteers – Hospitality volunteers work backstage, preparing dressing rooms, running errands for artists, working with caterers, and straightening up. Multiple shifts include Saturday setup and evening load-out.
Time: Saturday, 12pm-12am/Completion
9. Volunteer Table Attendants/Roaming Merch. Sellers – Answer questions, hand out programs, collect donations, sell light sticks, t-shirts, and other official Operatunity Theatre / OPERA ON THE RIVER event merchandise. Multiple volunteers per table, so sign up with a friend!
Time: Saturday 12pm-9pm (End of Concert)
10. General Volunteers – General Volunteers work wrist-banding guests (if needed), staffing the info booth, assist vendors with their setup, checking coolers, supervising tents, and more. Multiple shifts available.
Time: Saturday, 10am-12am/Completion
11. Volunteer Concert Ushers – Assist guests attending OPERA ON THE RIVER concert throughout the park.
Time: Saturday 6pm-End of Concert
12. Volunteer Ice Cream Host – Serve concert guests ice cream during the specified time in the concert. (More information to come closer to event date.)
13. Zero-Waste Volunteers – Zero Waste volunteers help reduce the environmental impact of the Festival by refilling water bottles and helping guests and performers sort their waste. Multiple shifts include Saturday setup and evening load-out.
Times: Saturday, 12pm-12am/Completion
After the Event:
14. Tear Down Volunteers – Assist coordinators in putting away chairs, tearing down program tables and tents, and other miscellaneous post-concert tasks. *May require heavy lifting
Time: Saturday 9pm-12am (End of Concert to Completion)
15. Litter Patrol Volunteers – Help to pick up any litter left in the park on Sunday morning. Garbage bags provided. Bring work gloves!
Time: Saturday 9pm-12am (End of Concert to Completion), Sunday 9am to Noon (Final park inspection, if needed)
Let’s work together!
Fill out the form below and let us know how you want to help!
Volunteer Sign Up Form
Please let us know where your interests lie regarding volunteering for Operatunity Theatre!